How to Play Minesweeper
The object of the game is to uncover all squares that don't contain mines.
- To start a new game, left click on the smiley face or press the F2 button.
- Left click on a square to uncover it. After the first square is uncovered, the timer will start.
- If you uncover a mine, you lose, and the square you clicked will reveal a red mine. The game is designed so you never hit a mine on the first click of the game.
- If an uncovered square displays a number, that number represents the number of neighboring mines adjacent to that square (1 - 8). If there are no mines adjacent, the square will be blank. Use these numbers to determine where you think a mine might be located.
- You can mark a square as a mine by right clicking on it. A number at the top left of the board keeps track of how many mines you have left to find.
- Click on the "Best Times" button at the bottom of the board to see the fastest winning times posted so far this month.
Press the middle mouse button or click simultaneously on left and right mouse buttons over a numbered square to clear all the unplayed squares surrounding it in one move. This will only work if you have already guessed and marked an equal number of mines touching that numbered square.